Thursday, May 29

Fernando Torres interview

Torres: "I miss the player i once was"

Striker talks about his faliure during his chelsea tenure
Fernando Torres has denounced his mental torment at being one of the world's best, to a total flop at Chelsea. 
Torres signed for the Blues for £50m - and has never reproduced his Anfield success in three-and-a-half years in London.
In an interview with French magazine So Foot, the Spaniard recounted how he felt he had to move to Stamford Bridge for the sake of his career. But he said he has never found another player like Gerrard.
"At Liverpool, I had almost everything but titles," Torres said. "There, I felt like a king but the team was falling apart. The directors had sold Mascherano to Barca, then Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid without investing any of the money to compensate for the departure of these two key players. 





 “I understood nothing of what had happened,” he told French magazine So Foot. “I started to get to know the bench. I reassured myself by saying things would soon change. Villas-Boas arrived, then Di Matteo but it was always the same: one day I played, the next not."
"When you play, you do not ask yourself how it feels to be on the bench. You have to live it to understand how difficult it is to be there without being there."
“To enter a match knowing you do not have the confidence of the coach. To play when you simply don’t have the habit of playing. Me, I felt bizarre, I had the feeling of getting tired quicker, of being heavier. I had no gas. You have to fight against a lot of things to get off the bench, sometimes even against yourself."
"Today, I am a different player but I am not going to lie to you: the player that I was, the one who started all the matches with a guaranteed place, I really miss sometimes."
"At one point, I even sat myself down to watch videos of my goals: I wanted to understand what I was doing before when I was scoring." 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment