Monday, June 2

Torres Determined to impress

TORRES DETERMINED TO leave Impression


Fernando Torres has decided to make the most of his opportunities after being crtiticized largely.
The Espania striker hasn't been touring with the national side for the past one year, but he was named in the 30-man provisional squad for  the World Cup in Brazil.
Fernando Torres, along with club team-mate Cesar Azpilicueta, was also selected in a 19-man Spain squad for Friday's friendly against Bolivia.
'It's very nice to be back with the national team,' he exclaimed. 'I've gone a year without being with La Roja, since the Confederations Cup.
He remarked.'I knew that anything could happen. Yesterday, I was only hoping to hear my name. I knew that I could've been here or not, but now I have a better chance of being in Brazil.
'It's been a difficult year but I finished the season very well :). I'm grateful for the words of Vicente, who has valued my performances in the final phases.'
Along with Manchester City's Alvaro Negredo, Fernando Llorente and Diego Costa all left out of the squad for Friday's friendly, Torres is determined to make a glittering impression.
'This list is for the game against Bolivia,' said the former Liverpool star. 'We need to take advantage this week, enjoy it and hopefully we can be in the final list. It is a big step to be here but in football, until things are done and dusted, anything can happen".

No comments:

Post a Comment